Life can get busy and sometimes we forget to be thankful for everyday blessings. So, during the month of November, I am challenging myself and family to do a 14-day challenge. We have all month to complete the challenge and it doesn’t have to be completed in order.
At the end of the month we will talk about the challenge and read our entries. My goal is that by the end of this challenge we feel so good about being kind that we keep doing it without being challenged.
For this challenge you will need:
Here are the list of challenges we came up with:
1. Show patience with someone.
2. Say please and thank you to someone today.
3. Let someone go ahead of you in line.
4. Write a letter or draw a picture and send it to a family member that lives far away
5. Pick up litter at your school or in your neighborhood.
6. Donate outgrown clothes or toys that aren’t being played with any longer.
7. Donate food to the local food pantry.
8. Talk to someone new at school/work.
9. Take treats to the fire and police station.
10. Donate coloring books and crayons to the children’s hospital.
11. Deliver water bottles to a homeless shelter.
12. Make a diaper donation to a pregnancy center.
13. Hold the door open for someone.
14. Check in on an elderly neighbor and help them around their yard if they need it.
Gabriela is wife to husband, Aaron, and mom to four boys! She is a full-time mom, works as a substitute teacher, and owns her own cleaning business. She runs the Facebook group, I Only Make Boys, where she enjoys chronicling her boys' crazy adventures and sharing wisdom with other boymoms.