If you're looking for a fun date night in Bell County, there are many things to do as a couple all over. Explore 47 date ideas in Killeen, Temple, Belton & Salado, TX with our complete date guide!
Some date night activities are romantic, others will bring out your inner child. So, get to planning your next night out together...
You can also find date night ideas in Waco, TX if you're in that area! (or willing to drive)
1. Enjoy wet and wild fun at Summer Fun Waterpark and end the day at Frosti Cones
Summer Fun Waterpark has all of the attractions of a big-city theme park without the traffic and parking issues. And when you’re finished riding water slides and cooling off, you can stop by a Belton institution—Frosti Cones, which is famous for combining delicious sno cones and soft serve. Summer Fun also hosts Adult Nights that include live music and dancing.
2. Create something special with a DIY date
What could be more romantic than painting a piece of pottery with your significant other or taking an adult art class at That Art Place? Or if reenacting a scene from Ghost isn’t your cup of tea, then head to Board & Brush Creative Studio Belton and create a piece of artwork for your home.
3. Have dinner and a movie at Grand Avenue Theater
If you’re looking for an all-inclusive date night, check out the Grand Avenue Theater. The theater boasts comfortable, reclining seats, a full-service menu, Starbucks coffee and all of your favorite classic movie snacks like popcorn and candy.
4. Enjoy a classic movie and an adult beverage at The Beltonian Theater
Whether you’re a fan of The Wizard of Oz or the latest Star Wars flick, you will find a film and your favorite wine or beer at The Beltonian Theater. The drinks even have entertaining names like Tequila Mockingbird and Hard Groot Beer Float.
5. Catch a concert or attend the Central Texas State Fair at the Bell County Expo Center
Come out and see top performers, enjoy Monster trucks, or find your inner child at the Central Texas State Fair (that usually takes place over Labor Day weekend) when you come out to the Bell County Expo Center. Their events calendar lists all of the coming attractions and will help you plan your special night.
6. Enjoy some fun in the sun at one of Belton’s lakeside recreation areas
Take a swim in Belton Lake, relax on Sierra Beach BLORA (Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area), find some selfie-worthy sights at Stillhouse Hollow Lake, or go horseback riding at BLORA Ranch. And when you’re finished taking in the picturesque views at the lake, enjoy some tactical fun at BLORA Paintball.
7. Share a great meal and a glass of Texas wine or beer at The Gin at Nolan Creek
Enjoy some true Texas cuisine like a burger, a steak or a plate of tacos with a glass of local beer or wine at The Gin at Nolan Creek. And when the meal is over, you can take a romantic stroll along Nolan Creek, and take in the sights and sounds of downtown Belton.
8. Enjoy some Belton-brewed beer at Bold Republic Brewing Company
Not only does Bold Republic Brewing Company serve great beverages, but they also brew them on the premises. You can get more locally-sourced than that! It’s a drink and an experience in one.
9. Have breakfast for lunch or dinner at Water Street Waffle Company
Not only can you get classic sweet waffle flavors at Water Street Waffle Co., but you can also get savory waffles like the BLT waffle that is topped with fried green tomatoes and eggs! And this unique restaurant also has a “good dog” menu that caters to your four-legged friends as well.
10. Skip nighttime crowds and have a lunch date off of Main Street in Belton
11. Grab lunch at Sarsaparilla Saloon & Café and browse McWha Book Store
12. Have a Texas-inspired date night when you dine at one of Belton’s barbecue joints
Each Belton barbecue restaurant has their own unique flair. Clem Mikeska’s offers the classic barbecue faire, with the addition of Las Casas’ famous white wings, Schoepf’s has Tex-Mex favorites like brisket nachos and quesadillas, and Miller’s Smokehouse boasts a Frito pie-inspired dish called “Fire in the Bowl” that will leave you begging for the restaurant’s signature Sopapilla cheesecake to cool your taste buds.
13. Take a tour of Asia at these Belton Restaurants
14. Find hidden treasures at one of Belton’s antique stores
After you eat a great meal near Nolan Creek, take a stroll down Central Avenue and find antiques, vintage and up-cycled items at Exchange on Central, BeltonThrift & More Boutique, or Major Dad’s Military Antiques.
15. Learn what life was like for the first Beltonians at the Bell County Museum
If your date is a history buff or just enjoys learning new things, the Bell County Museum might be the perfect location for a unique date.
16. Find your center when you enjoy treatments at The Woodhouse Day Spa
Whether you want a massage, a facial or a whole day of pampering, The Woodhouse Day Spa is a place to unwind and enjoy some relaxing time together.
17. Celebrate the holidays with a ride through twinkling Christmas lights
The annual Nature in Lights event turns the Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area (BLORA) into a winter wonderland full of twinkling Christmas lights. For just $20 a car (more for larger vehicles), you can drive though the illuminated displays and make your Christmas dreams come true. The event usually begins before Thanksgiving and lasts through the New Year.
18. Feel like a kid again at Spare Time Texas
Lace up your bowling shoes and grab a bowling ball and enjoy a night of lighthearted fun at Spare Time Texas. You can bowl, play laser tag and try your luck a room full of arcade games. Spare Time also offers a full menu of treats, eats and adult beverages to make it an all-inclusive night.
19. Cruise around the links for a relaxing golf date
If your date wants to be the next Tiger Woods or just enjoys a round of golf, book a tee time at Sammons Golf Links or Wildflower Country Club. You will have to become a member at Wildflower to play, but with all of the club amenities, it’s worth the price.
20. Get dressed up for a fancy Italian meal at Temple Restaurants
If you’re celebrating a special occasion or just looking for a fancy meal, try Pignetti’s downtown Temple, or La Riv Kitchen & Bar off of W. Adams Avenue. Both offer palette-elevating cuisine with signature wines and beverages.
21. Pack a picnic lunch and play a game of Disc Golf at Lion’s Park
If you’re looking for an inexpensive, outdoor date, then a day at Lion’s Park might be just the ticket. With bike and jogging trails, picnic pavilions and disc golf course, this park is perfect for an outdoorsy couple.
22. See the latest blockbuster in XD or IMAX at these Temple movie theaters
Grab some snacks from the concession stand and sit back and get ready for a movie experience unlike anything else at Cinemark Movie Theater and Premiere Cinema 15 IMAX. The Cinemark location boasts reclining chairs and an XD entertainment environment, which features a wall-to-wall, floor-to-ceiling movie screen. Premiere Cinema, located inside the Temple Mall, offers IMAX viewing experiences that use high-resolutions cameras and screens.
23. Cool off at Lion’s Junction Family Water Park
It’s a water park without the big city price tag, and it’s perfect for a day floating down the lazy river or thrill-seeking down a three-story water slide. Lion’s Junction Family Water Park is open all summer and offers snacks to round out your visit.
24. Have a nostalgic date at Wheels Family Skating Center
Request your favorite slow jam and get ready for a couple’s skate at Wheels Family Skating Center.
25. Go fishing and grill your dinner at Temple Lake Park
If you have a boat or just a good fishing pole, take it down to Temple Lake Park off of Cedar Ridge Rd. and catch your dinner. Use one of the park’s grills to cook your meal and watch the sun set over the water.
26. Spark your creativity and your chemistry with these DIY date options
27. Enjoy a date night of Temple’s art and culture
28. Bring your dog along on your date
Find out if Fido is a fan of your date when you go for a day of play at the Central Texas Bark Park. If you’re already a couple, then enjoy the nice weather with your furry friend.
29. Experience a piece of Temple’s history and eat great at Green’s Sausage House
This Temple institution has been around since 1946 and has provided the community with a constant source of great food and service. Enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert at this one-of-a-kind location, and find out why Green’s Sausage House is still cooking after all of these years.
30. Have a locally-sourced, made-from-scratch meal
31. Enjoy a taste of Asia at Mee Mee’s Thai Cuisine
Spend the evening exploring the flavors of Thailand at Mee Mee’s Thai Cuisine. From spring rolls to fried tilapia, this restaurant does it all.
32. Have a night of adventure at Through the Lock Escape Room
Can you and your date solve a series of puzzles and riddles and escape your room in time? Test your knowledge and have a night of excitement at Through the Lock Escape Room. All three of their escape experiences can be played by two players, so it’s perfect for date night.
33. Experience a piece of history and have a great meal
The historic Stagecoach Inn in Salado, TX has been around since the 1860s. But these days you can go there for a delicious meal or happy hour.
34. Enjoy a day of art and wine
Visit the Salado Winery and Wine Seller from 12 to 6 p.m. any day of the week. You can taste up to ten wines for just $5 a person. And when you’re finished selecting the perfect wine for you, you can take a walk around the picturesque Salado Sculpture Garden that showcases the work of local artists.
35. Go on an unconventional date at Skydive Temple
You can literally and figuratively take a leap for your loved one when you go on a tandem skydive jump with Skydive Temple. For less than $200, you can have the experience of a lifetime.
36. Create a one-of-a-kind souvenir of your time together at Salado Glassworks
The artists at Salado Glassworks not only show you how to create beautiful pieces that will become family heirlooms, but they also make the experience one to remember. And with a slew of restaurants nearby, you can make glass work part of a whole night of fun.
37. Delight the craft beer lover in your life at these local breweries
38. Sample local beverages and try your hand at creating art at the Sirril Art Gallery
Artist, Michael Pritchett opened the Sirril Art Gallery to share his love and passion for art with the Salado community. Not only does he have his pieces up for sale, but he also hosts Cork & Create nights where patrons can come and sip on adult beverages and create their own unique pieces.
39. Explore the eclectic Fletcher’s Books and Antiques
Even if you don’t find a treasure to take home after visiting Fletcher’s Books and Antiques, you can at least find a place to take some really colorful and creative pictures inside this eclectic space.
40. Help your relationship reach new heights with a trip to Boulder’s Sport Climbing Center
For less than $50, you and your date can climb to your heart’s content with all of the necessary gear at Boulder’s Sport Climbing Center in Harker Heights, TX.
41. Spend the evening bowling at these Killeen locations
42. Have a night of youthful fun at Mr. Gatti’s Pizza in Killeen
Not only can you play games and eat from the fresh salad and pizza bar, but if you go to Mr. Gatti’s Pizza on Monday night, both of you can dine for just $9.99.
43. Treat your date to a night under the stars at the Mayborn Science Theater
The Mayborn ScienceTheater hosts nightly events that explore the cosmos and create a romantic atmosphere for any date night.
44. Become an adventurer for a night with GarQuest Bowfishing
If you’re looking for adventure and the chance to shoot a bowfishing bow, then GarQuest Bowfishing might be the perfect date night outing for you and your loved one. Board a boat on Stillhouse Hollow Lake or Lake Belton and hunt for gar, buffalo, carp, gasper, and sucker fish.
45. See how well you and your date work together at Great Escape of Central Texas
Whether you join a group or go for a two-player game, Great Escape of Central Texas will test your smarts and your patience under pressure. You’ll have the chance to solve puzzles and work together to escape before time runs out.
46. Book a tee time at Stonetree Golf Club for a fun outdoor date
If your date loves golf, then try your hand at putting around the greens at Stonetree Golf Club.
47. Have a night of fun at Cinergy Cinemas & Entertainment
This entertainment venue has everything you’d need for an exciting date night. At Cinergy Cinemas & Entertainment in Copperas Cove, TX, you can bowl, see a movie, play laser tag, try your luck in an escape room and dine on a full-service menu.
No matter how you choose to spend your date night, there's tons of fun things to do in the Killeen area. We hope you have a fun night out together!
Jessa is the Editor-in-Chief of Hooray for Family and the mom of three energetic children. She has a BA in Mass Communication/Journalism from the University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, and is a long-time resident of Central Texas. When she isn't writing and editing, she enjoys playing board games with her kids, teaching Sunday school and channeling her creativity into craft projects.