|BROWSE BY CATEGORY:|
Cooking CornerInformation provided by Young Chefs® International
6 Tbsp. butter
¾ cup sugar
½ cup milk
14 strawberries, fresh or frozen
Food coloring, optional
2 cups all-purpose flour
¼ tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. baking powder
Hershey’s Kisses, Hugs or
Measuring cups and spoons
Muffin tins and liners
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. You can use a
wooden spoon, a potato masher or handheld electric mixer. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, and
add the milk.
2. Rinse the strawberries and cut off the green stem. Mash the berries with a potato masher or
puree in a blender. Then stir the berries into the butter and milk mixture. TIP: For muffins
with a more pink color, add a few drops of red liquid food coloring.
3. In a separate bowl, sift the flour, salt and baking powder. Stir well. Add the flour mixture to
the berry mixture. Use a wooden spoon to stir until all the white disappears.
4. Line the muffin tin with paper liners. Drop the batter from a tablespoon to fill the cups
5. Add a surprise: an unwrapped Kiss, Hug or ½ teaspoon of jam. Then spoon more batter to fill
almost to the top.
6. Bake until the muffins begin to brown and a toothpick inserted near the center (but not in the
Kiss) comes out clean, about 20-25 minutes.
7. Remove the muffins from the tin and cool. Makes 12 muffins.